Here is a box which opens up to reveal four little shelves. You could give this as gift on its own, or add some chocolates, or other small gifts.
I made this one for Crafter's Inspiration Issue 5 Magazine. I have added a tutorial on how to make the box, which is easier than it looks!
The images - Party Paws Christmas - are all from the free CD which comes with the magazine, and the snowflake embossing is with an embossing folder which is also a freebie.
How to make the box
- You will need two sheets of A3 card. Cut one 20cm x 35cm and one 22.5cm x 35cm. Score both at 10cm on the short edge and at 20cm on the larger piece. Score both at 10cm and 25cm on the long edge.
- Score diagonal lines at 10cm score line on the top of each piece. On the bottom section cut across diagonally at each 10cm score line and leave a 2.5cm wide flap on the larger piece.
- Cut along score line on short edge up to the score line from long edge. Fold and burnish all the score lines.
- Apply glue on the corner piece which is scored diagonally (A) and attach the opposite cut triangle (B) to make a corner. Fold the triangle flap (C) up and over and glue in place. Repeat for each end on both pieces.
- Apply glue to the connecting flap and join the two box halves together.
- To make the box shelves cut four pieces of card 16.7cm x 16.7cm. Score each side at 3.5cm and cut tabs at each corner. Fold and burnish the score lines and glue tabs in place.
- Attach the shelves inside the box, applying glue to two sides of each shelf and stick to alternate sides.
Now have decorating your box!
Here's another idea for decorating the box. For this one I have used stamps from Lili of the Valley and papers from Trimcraft
Hope you enjoy making the box.