Tuesday, 30 October 2012

An old picture frame...

Good Evening.
I have been having a play with an old picture frame I picked up from a car boot sale for 50p.
I have painted the frame with acrylic paints and stamped and embossed with bronze powder some small areas of script and grasses from a stamp set  - Creative Expressions Meadow Flora. When I heated the powder the paint bubbled slightly, but I have decided this is a 'happy accident' because it adds some texture to the frame!
I cut a piece of mount board to fit the frame, stamped around the edges with the grasses and embossed in clear powder, and sponged Distress inks over the whole piece.
The flowers are cut with Sizzix Tattered Florals die from mount board, coloured with Distress inks and covered with UTEE. While the last layer of UTEE was still warm I sprinkled on some bronze micro beads and reheated to make sure they were set into the UTEE.
The flowers on the frame are cut from shrink plastic and coloured very lightly with Distress inks and stamped with script.
This was a bit of an experiment. Hope you like it.
Happy Crafting xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW, what a transformation into an amazing decoration,Marie! Love every inch of it including all your techniques used. Maybe it is going to kick me into action to use some of my shrink plastic.
    Michaela xx